Do you want to help ensure that all children grow up in loving families, never orphanages?
If you’re moved by our vision and excited about using your skills to ensure every child can grow up in the love of a family, then we want to hear from you! You’ll be joining a brave, can-do organisation, and an ambitious, collaborative and multi-skilled team. You’ll be encouraged to think and act big, and you’ll be mandated and supported to do what’s needed to achieve our mission.
About working at Hope and Homes for Children
Since 1994, Hope and Homes for Children has been working to stop the institutionalisation of children. We’re 200 people, in ten countries, inspiring organisations, including the UN, EU and governments around the world, to close the doors of orphanages forever. Instead, we fight for every child to feel the love and belonging of a safe family home.
Our diversity is at the heart of our remarkable, talented and successful teams. We work across Europe, Africa and Asia, with a team of around 55 based in the UK. Our work in the UK is supported by volunteers at the main UK office and a network of committed supporters who champion our work.
Our team has an incredible wealth of experience from across the corporate and charity sectors, including BBC Newsnight, Radio 4, Bauer media, WaterAid, ActionAid, NSPCC, Marie Curie Cancer Care, Oxfam International, Cancer Research UK, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Scope, The British Red Cross, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital Fund, Unilever, Lloyds Bank and War Child.
Our approach is focused on listening to children, and empowering them to be voices of their own protection.
If that sounds appealing then we’d love you to join us.
Our values are excellence, courage and integrity. They determine how we approach our work; they bring our organisation’s culture to life; and they help us have positive interactions with our colleagues, supporters and the families we support. Most of all, they reflect our experience of how children want us to be.
- Excellence: Our commitment to excellence in all our activities is what drives us forward with the belief that we can succeed. And it cultivates the innovation and creativity we need to find more effective ways of achieving our mission.
- Integrity: What we say must be what we do. Our commitment to our values, which will be defined by our conduct, must be wholly consistent. This is how we will forge trust and confidence in what we do and our ambitions.
- Courage: It is courage that gives us the confidence to commit to the long-term process of transforming child care and protection, and to inspire change in others. Courage is key to us striving for love to be at the heart of the care and protection of the children we exist to serve.
Benefits we offer
We offer a range of benefits to all UK employees, including:
- Flexible working
- 25-days annual leave
- Extra 5-day annual holiday purchase
- Additional day’s leave each year for five years
- Pension contributions
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
Equal opportunities at Hope and Homes for Children
We’re fully committed to working actively against all forms of discrimination and providing equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of their background.
Hope and Homes for Children actively encourages diversity, equity and inclusion, and we look to recruit across age, gender, ethnicity, and background as we believe this will strengthen our ability to deliver our mission of eliminating orphanages.
We acknowledge that people from particular ethnic backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people from families facing the injustice of poverty are over-represented in orphanages yet under-represented within our organisation and across the sector, and are keen to address this.
We aim to provide an inclusive and empathetic environment where all staff feel that they can be their authentic selves, that they don’t need to change who they are to be accepted by others, and that they are equally supported to achieve their potential.
If you have any questions or concerns about applying to join our organisation, please feel free to get in touch.