This Christmas, we are asking for your support to help us keep families together in war-torn Ukraine, Romania and Moldova – through war, through winter and beyond.
As we think about the importance of family and hold Ukrainians in our thoughts, here is a festive Ukrainian biscuit recipe for you to enjoy making yourself or with younger members of your own family.
Recipe: Medivnychky – Ukrainian festive biscuits, or ‘Honey Cookies’
Traditionally enjoyed dipped into a glass of milk
View this post on Instagram
5 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp honey
30ml butter (melted)
450g wholemeal flour (or plain flour)
- Preheat oven to 120ºC
- Gently boil the sugar and honey together until combined and set aside
- Whisk the egg and butter together then add the honey and sugar
- Add the flour and mix well
- Roll out the dough thinly (approx. 0.5cm) and cut into 6cm circles (or preferred shape)
- These biscuits should be crunchy with a good snap, so don’t be afraid to make them thin!
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack and decorate
Share your creations with us
We hope you have fun with making these! And please do share your creations with us by tagging us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hopeandhomesforchildren/
Give your biscuits as a gift
To introduce some of your friends and family to what we do, you could also share some of your biscuits as Christmas gifts. Simply place your biscuits in a gift box or bag, attach the gift tags and attach with some festive string! Download our gift tags here.
Support our Winter Crisis Appeal
Help us protect families and keep them together — through war, through winter and beyond.