- Who we are
- What we do
- Get involved
• A government close all children institutions making Rwanda the first country in Africa to be free from institutions
• Approx 3,600 children in institutions across the country
• Mpore PEFA in Kigali housing 58 children and young adults of all ages. The last children moved out on 31st May 2012. This was the first institution closure by HHC in Africa
• Orphelinat Noel de Nyundo, Rwanda's largest and oldest insitution and home to 529 childen, closed in 2015
• Home of Hope Orphanage was closed in January 2016, we had been working to close Home of Home since 2010.
Your donation will help us transform children's lives
Learn more about the work you're supporting and see the evidence of our impact.
What is Deinstitutionalisation? Why is it necessary? Find out more about our pioneering work to transform the lives of children.
We stop children being separated from their families in the first place by supporting families to get back on their feet.