- Who we are
- What we do
- Get involved
• 58178 children are living in state care
• 8892 children live in large institutions, more than half of which (4684) have disabilities
• There are 202 institutions, almost half of which (98) are institutions for children with disabilities
• When we started our work in Romania there were 105000 children in institutional care. That number is now below 9000.
• More than 500 fewer children with disabilities in institutions (5107 in 2013 vs 4684 in 2014)
• A state ban on institutionalising children under 3 was introduced in September 2014
Your donation will help us transform children's lives
Learn more about the work you're supporting and see the evidence of our impact.
What is Deinstitutionalisation? Why is it necessary? Find out more about our pioneering work to transform the lives of children.
We stop children being separated from their families in the first place by supporting families to get back on their feet.