Hope and Homes for Children is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement describes how and why we obtain, store and process data which can identify you through this website. Please read through this statement carefully as, by disclosing your information to us, you consent to the collection and use of your information in the manner described.
We may update this policy from time to time and shall indicate on this page when changes have been made.
All of the data with collect and store is managed in strict accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
Our commitment to you
In order to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998), Hope and Homes for Children will:
- observe fully the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal data;
- meet its obligations to specify the purposes for which personal data is used;
- collect and process appropriate personal data only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational or any legal requirements;
- ensure the quality of personal data used;
- apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held;
- ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held can be fully exercised under the Act;
- take the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal data;
- ensure that personal data is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
How do we collect information and what do we use it for?
We collect personal information from you when you register for updates from us, make a donation or when you email us directly.
We may use this information to:
- tell you about our work and the ways you can help us via telephone, email or post
- request your support for specific events or activities via telephone, email or post
In order to understand how individuals use our site and make improvements which reflect your needs and interests, we may send cookies to your PC. Cookies are small files which are sent to your PC and stored by your web browser. These files allow us to recognise that you have viewed the page before, but contain no personal information by which to indentify you. You can disable cookies in your browser settings if you prefer not to allow us to do this.
How do we keep your information secure?
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and we take every precaution against loss or damage of your information and to restrict disclosure of your information. Certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Do we share your information?
Hope and Homes for Children does not pass supporters’ details on to third parties unless they are working under contractual agreements on our behalf.
In rare cases we may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.
How do you access or update your personal information?
You may request a copy of any personal information which we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. We reserve the right to charge a small fee for doing so.
If at any time you wish to update the information we hold about you, or if decide that you no longer wish to receive information from Hope and Homes for Children you can contact us on 01722 790111, write to us at Hope and Homes for Children, East Clyffe, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 4LZ or email us
Third party websites
This statement does not apply to third party sites that you may access from this website. We advise you to consult the privacy statement of any third party site before disclosing any personal information.
We are currently working on updating this statement following recently published guidelines by the Information Commissioner and the Fundraising Regulator.